If you spent the first month of 2017 wondering or stressing over what to expect in the beauty and skin care department than chill, I’ve got you. Today I’m sharing 5 of 2017’s biggest beauty trends. These are the products you don’t want to be without. Some are pretty awesome, like charcoal skin cleansing. Some are strange, like egg yolk face cream. Others are unbelievable, like really, lip gloss is back?!? Yes really!
Check out the 5 mega trends below. P.S you can shop all the products I’ve listed via the links provided.
- Charcoal: Charcoal began gaining popularity in 2016 but in 2017 it will be everywhere! Since the beauty trend is to wear less makeup (or non at all) the next step is to have glowing, crazy cleansed skin. My favourites so far are from Dermalogica and boscia (stay tuned for a beauty tutorial of the boscia pore cleansing stick).
2. Gloss: Trust me, I’m just as shocked as you are about this one. I thought, and hoped, that lip gloss was dead and gone forever. But like all fashion and beauty trends, it came back. Now its not just on your lip though, its on your eye lids too!
3. Masks – Face masks, hand and foot masks and even lip masks are all very popular right now. You can find a face mask just about anywhere from your local drug store to Sephora but my favourites are from The Face Shop.
4. Face Brushing: You may be thinking, “Alright Jen, I brush my teeth, I brush my hair, but I DO NOT brush my face.” Well you’re about to change that. Clarisonic has been around for several years, but now there are many other options, in different price ranges. Also this skin care trend is now being marketed towards men. If you want to get your man in on the magic of face brushing just check out Clinique’s Sonic Cleansing Brush, made especially for men.
5. Korean Skin Care: Ahhh Korean skin care. Always quirky, and with “interesting” ingredient lists. Although I cant read half of the instructions or ingredients I love still them. This stuff really works, and the packaging and product names are always entertaining. Something that is no joke though is Ceramide. I’m currently going NUTS for Ceramide ever since my family Dr. introduced me to it for my daughters eczema. Ceramide prevents moisture from evaporating, therefore it strengthens you skins sensitive structure. This mask from Dr Jart+ is the first I’ve ever found to contain this miracle ingredient.