Yes, I know how that sounds…
With only 4 weeks until Christmas now is the time to get your butt in gear and pick up some gifts for those on your “Nice” list. For those on your “Naughty” list, just re-gift.
Like any living breathing woman I love receiving gifts. I also love giving gifts, and I usually combine a larger gift with a few smaller things, “stocking stuffers” as they are called. If you’re looking for affordable but thoughtful stocking stuffers here are my suggestions based on 2014’s biggest trends and must-have items.
1. Alex and Ani: Since launching in Canada earlier this year this US made brand has become the most coveted among trend setters of every age. These stack-able bangles have become my favorite easy to wear piece. Each charm represents something unique and authentic about the wearer, which makes it a meaningful gift. The Alex and Ani motto of #PositiveEnergy is the perfect way to carry an uplifting reminder around with you everywhere you go.
A single Alex and Ani bangle is the perfect stocking stuffer OR you can pick up three or four of their pieces and gift them together as a set, the more the merrier. P.S they are offering free ground shipping in the US all holiday season.
2. La couleur couture polish: Lacc’s Holiday Collection
of cruelty-free, gluten-free and toxic-free nail polish is just stunning. I have always supported the idea that “Holiday” doesn’t always have to mean red gold and green. Purple and silver can be just as festive. This collection is luxurious AND affordable. Each bottle is $12.99 and can be found at 750+ Shoppers Drug Mart stores across Canada.
3. LUSH cosmetics: If you’re looking for something for the beauty product hoarder LUSH should be your go-to this time of year. Their Christmas collection has proven to be impossible for me to resist this year. Usually I go straight to “Snow Fairy” body wash (a classic) and stock up on enough to last 6 months but this year there are so many candy scented and sparkly options you will never want to leave your bathtub. Of course all LUSH products are 100% vegetarian, hand made and do not involve any animal testing.
I’m particularly obsessed with Reindeer Rock, a reindeer embossed soap made with dried lingonberry infusion, and bergamot and cypress oils. It has a slight raspberry shimmer to remind yourself not to take your soap too seriously. Something LUSH does better than anyone! Remember my PREVIOUS post about their Halloween collection? LUSH does holiday’s so, so well!
4. Saje Natural Wellness: All I have to say is “Where have you been all my life?!” All Saje products contain plant derived essential oils, and are environmentally friendly and promote natural health. Saje made its way to Toronto via the West coast recently and has managed to successfully bring the spa experience into our homes with their all natural healing and wellness products, that also happen to smell FABULOUS! My family has developed a healthy obsession with their Nebulizers (my mom’s house currently smells like a spa 24/7 thanks to the aromaCloud Ultrasonic Nebulizer) but I also love the Pocket Pharmacy pictured to the left.
The Pocket Pharmacy includes 5 of Saje’s best selling roll-ons. Including Peppermint Halo known as the “four minute miracle” for head aches and migraines. Saje Natural Wellness is now open in 4 locations in the GTA and 5 provinces across Canada. Of course you can always order online from ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD! For more info check out their website HERE. Their product line contains hundreds of natural wellness products which I am sure you will find impossible to resist.
5. House of Harlow 1960 Home Fragrance Collection This year I’m clearly into things that make my living space smell awesome. That partially explains why this home collection is high on my wish list. Gilt.com is exclusively carrying the brand new 14 piece collection which includes candles, votives and diffusers all featuring the signature HOH boho prints Nicole is known for.
The collection ranges in price from $45-$52 and is currently at Gilt.com/Nicole. This collection is the perfect stocking stuffer for the new home owner, or of course the devoted House of Harlow fan.